Damian Finch Fall ‘09

Up-and-coming designer, Damian Finch, has already made a name for himself in denim and suprisingly has said that he is just trying to make clothes that he "would want to wear" despite the fact that he is only 12 years old. Yes, 12 years old.

Take a look at Finch's F/W 09 Collection, with commentary for each look...


001h

“My mom pretty much hates when I wear white pants because I always get stains on them and she has to send them to the laundry place like twice a week. So you know I was going to do my own pair for this collection.”


003h

“I heard that dude from Twilight was actually into this shirt. It’s cool, I guess, but it was honestly a bigger deal for my sister. She’s nine.”



002h

“I’ve learned a lot about casting, which is a really cool part of the process. I was going for a real downtown idea, so we got this guy, who’s like the Fourth MisShape.”


004h

“Simple: I wanted to be timeless, but also very now. Also I was really into surfing last summer, which sort of explains the pants.”


005h

“I used to draw Premier League logos, but switched to drawing clothes, just for fun, in fourth grade. I got more serious on Easter [in 2006] when I was ten. I got drenched in a rain shower and the stupid blazer my mom made me wear basically shriveled up. I looked it up online and it was because all the seams were glued. This blazer has a full canvas facing.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment